Friday 3 October 2014

Week 4

This week's tutorial was helpful as usual. I think our TA definitely does an amazing job at explaining the material. The quiz was once again very similar to the tutorial questions, but I think having weekly quizzes forces me to keep up with the material and this will help me when preparing for the midterms and exam. The first assignment was a pain to type out in LaTeX, especially the Venn diagrams, but I am glad I did because it turned out very well.

This week, we started looking at proofs. I think this will be one of the most important topics we learn from this course that will carry on to other courses. I haven't done proofs like this before so it is definitely something new. The professor also mentioned that we will get a cheat sheet for the midterm so that will make things much easier.

Another course I am currently taking is PHL245 - Modern Symbolic Logic. There is a lot of material overlap with CSC165. I initially took the course to fulfill a breadth requirement, but it was a good elective to take because I have taken things that I learned from one course and applied it to the other. Even though the notation used is different, we also happen to be starting proofs in this course and use a lot of the rules that we use in this course. Next week is the first midterm so I definitely have some studying to do this weekend. It just so happens that the midterm for PHL245 is right before this midterm so hopefully I can manage that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment