Monday 1 December 2014

Week 13

In the past week, we learned more about countability and a little bit about induction, which will be taught more in depth in CSC236 next semester. The last assignment really helped my understanding for the asymptotic proofs. The halting problem was something I had trouble understanding at first after the lectures but after seeing the example in the notes and completing the assignment, I think I am confident that I understand the problem.

Sadly, the term is nearing an end. Is it only me that gets a little bittersweet feeling at the end of every semester? I get used to the classroom and professor and all that so it is kind of sad to have it end after you've spent so many hours together.

On a brighter note, I think I have learned the most in this course out of all of my courses this semester. I have done well so far, so hopefully I will be able to carry this momentum into the exam. The course logs at first sounded like a hassle to me, but I realized that they helped me improve my understanding and were also great for keeping up with the material. It is also the only component of any of my courses this semester that requires me to write in English (not proofs or code), so it was definitely refreshing and helped me improve my writing skills and I learned how to better express myself in words. Thank you for reading. Good luck to anyone reading who has exams and happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment