Friday 7 November 2014

Week 9

So this week we had our second midterm. I found it to be average in terms of difficulty. The last two questions were very similar to the assignment questions, (the last one was near identical), so I think as long as you went over the solutions, it was very easy to prepare and do well on this midterm. Again, I ended up using very little of what I put on my cheat sheet but I guess it served its purpose of helping me get prepared.

This week's tutorial was very helpful in clearing up some of the problems I had with counting the number of steps for the sorting algorithms. I think the way our TA explained it was easier to understand than the way explained during lecture. With the midterm over, we only have one more assignment and the final exam left, but so far I think I have learned the most from this course out of all of my courses and the methods of problem solving I learned from this course can be carried over into my future courses.

One of the more interesting SLOGs I have found so far is here http://www.reddit.com/r/journeythrough165/. I think I find blogs that aren't hosted on blogspot (who even does that?) are easier to read just because of the change in layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment